- bayou blog
- contact us
The Bayou is Utah's #1 choice for great beer and food. We have the most extensive beer list in Utah with usually around 300 different beers available. Our Cajun influenced menu is sure to have something to please everyone in your group. You must be 21 years of age or older to visit The Bayou. "Welcome to Beervana"
Awards and Accolades
- The Daily Meal named us one of the 150 Best Bars in America 2015
- Coolmaterial.com named us the Best Craft Beer Bar in Utah
- We are a Best of City Weekly winner for the past 12 years running.
- We won a Salt Lake Magazine Restaurant award for "Best Comfort Food".
- One of the 100 best places to drink in America -Imbibe Magazine
- "The beer connoisseur’s paradise" - GQ Magazine Sept 2009
- A winner of Esquire.com's 2009 "Best Bars in America" Rating
Recent Blog Posts
I have recently become aware of some major issues in Sen. Valentines SB248. Written to help big brewers who have found themselves too successful to qualify for the small brewer discount, SB248 is blatantly anti small business.
SB248 contains language requiring small brewers to sell their product through a distributor instead of directly as is currently allowed. This will have a major impact on our small brewers and seems specifically designed to give additional advantage to the big brewers who already dominate the local distributors. Overall this bill is not small business friendly and throws the smaller brewers under the bus to increase the profits of the large brewers.
Our small eastern and southern Utah breweries will be hit especially hard by this new law. Moreover, we will most likely no longer be able to get several of our favorite breweries beers at The Bayou. With several new small breweries coming on line in Utah this is an even more pressing issue. SB 248 must be stopped.
Ask your representative to vote against this bill in its current form. It is anti-small business and anti Utah brewers.
You can find your Representative and Senator using the district map on the Utah Legislation website.